When it comes to clamping, Bessey is one of the most trusted and well-known brands in the market. The company offers a variety of clamps to suit different needs and projects, with two popular options being the Bessey REVO and the Bessey REVO Jr.
For those who are familiar with these clamps, it may be hard to choose between them as they both have their own unique features and benefits. In this article, we’ll compare the Bessey REVO and the Bessey REVO Jr, breaking down their similarities and differences, to help you make an informed decision on which clamp is right for your needs.
Bessey Revo Clamps
Clamps play an important role in woodworking, metalworking, and other DIY projects. A good clamp can make your work easier, quicker, and more precise. Bessey is a well-known brand that offers a variety of clamps to meet different needs.
In this blog post, we will compare two of their popular clamps, the Bessey Revo and the Bessey Revo Jr. We will take a close look at the features, specifications, and advantages of each clamp to help you decide which one is best for your needs.
Features and Specifications
- Size of the Clamp Head: The size of the clamp head is an important factor to consider when choosing a clamp. The Bessey Revo has a larger head compared to the Bessey Revo Jr. This makes it easier to handle and use on larger surfaces.
- Handle Design: The handle design of a clamp is another important factor. The Bessey Revo has an improved handle design that makes it easier to tighten and release the clamp. The handle is more ergonomic and provides a better grip, making the clamp more comfortable to use.
- Clamping Pressure: Clamping pressure is another important factor to consider when choosing a clamp. The Bessey Revo has a higher clamping pressure compared to the Bessey Revo Jr. This means that it can hold materials together more securely, making it ideal for demanding projects.
- Large Head Handles More Easily and Predictably: The larger head of the Bessey Revo makes it easier to handle and use on larger surfaces. It is more predictable and stable, making it easier to clamp your materials together with precision.
- Improved Handle Design for Easier Tightening: The improved handle design of the Bessey Revo makes it easier to tighten and release the clamp. The ergonomic design provides better grip, making it more comfortable to use.
- Higher Clamping Pressure: The higher clamping pressure of the Bessey Revo makes it ideal for demanding projects. It can hold your materials together more securely, ensuring that your work is precise and accurate.
Both the Bessey Revo and the Bessey Revo Jr are high-quality clamps that offer great features and benefits. However, the Bessey Revo is the better option for those looking for a larger head, an improved handle design, and higher clamping pressure.
The Bessey Revo Jr is ideal for smaller projects and those with limited space. Ultimately, the choice between the two will depend on your specific needs and requirements.
Bessey Revo Jr Clamps
Bessey Revo Jr Clamps are a smaller version of the popular Bessey Revo Clamps. These clamps are designed for woodworking and other DIY projects where space is limited and a smaller clamp is necessary.
- Smaller head size for tight spaces
- Wooden handle for comfortable grip
- Good clamping pressure
- Versatile and useful for DIY projects and woodworking
- Available in various sizes and clamping capacities
- Clamping force up to 900 pounds
- Throat depth up to 2.5 inches
- Clamping ranges up to 12 inches
- Material: steel and composite resin
- Weight: varies based on size
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Small size: The primary advantage of the Bessey Revo Jr Clamps is their smaller size, which allows them to fit into tight spaces where larger clamps cannot. This makes them an excellent choice for small-scale DIY projects and woodworking.
- Good clamping pressure: The Bessey Revo Jr Clamps provide good clamping pressure, making them ideal for securely holding materials in place. The clamps can exert up to 900 pounds of force, which is sufficient for most small-scale projects.
- Wooden handle: The Revo Jr clamps have a wooden handle that is comfortable to grip, making it easy to apply the necessary pressure to the clamp. The handle is also durable and provides a firm grip, ensuring that the clamp remains in place during use.
- Versatility: The Revo Jr clamps are versatile and can be used in a variety of projects, including woodworking, metalworking, and other DIY projects. Their small size makes them suitable for holding smaller materials, while their clamping pressure is sufficient for most projects.
- Affordability: The Bessey Revo Jr Clamps are more affordable than larger clamps, making them an excellent choice for those who need multiple clamps for their projects. This affordability allows users to purchase several clamps for the same budget as one larger clamp, providing better value for money.
- Warranty: The Revo Jr clamps come with a limited lifetime warranty, which provides peace of mind for users. This warranty ensures that if the clamps break or become damaged due to normal use, they can be repaired or replaced without additional cost.
Comparison of the Two Models
The Bessey Revo and Revo Jr clamps are both high-quality parallel clamps from the trusted brand Bessey. Despite this, there are several key differences between the two models.
One of the biggest differences between the two is the size of the clamp head. The Revo has a larger head size compared to the Revo Jr, which has a smaller head size. This difference in head size affects the clamping pressure that the two clamps can generate.
The Revo has a higher clamping pressure, making it ideal for larger clamping tasks, while the Revo Jr has a lower clamping pressure, making it better suited for tight or confined spaces.
Another difference between the two models is the handle design. The Revo has an improved handle design, which makes it easier to tighten the clamp and maintain a stable grip. The handle of the Revo Jr is made of wood, which gives it a classic look but may not provide the same level of comfort and ease of use as the handle of the Revo.
Despite these differences, both the Bessey Revo and Revo Jr clamps provide parallel clamping, ensuring that the clamping force is distributed evenly along the length of the clamp. Additionally, both clamps are made by Bessey, a trusted brand in the clamping industry, so you can be sure that you are getting a high-quality product with either model.
Who Should Use the Revo Jr Clamps
The Bessey Revo Jr Clamps are designed with smaller projects and budget constraints in mind. They have a smaller head size which makes them ideal for clamping in tight spaces, where the larger head of the Revo Clamps would not be able to fit.
The wooden handle also helps to keep the cost down, making it a great option for DIY enthusiasts, woodworkers, and hobbyists who are working on smaller projects and need multiple clamps without breaking the bank.
These clamps provide a cost-effective solution for those who still want the quality and parallel clamping capabilities offered by the Bessey brand but in a smaller and more budget-friendly package.
Who Should Use the Revo Clamps
The Bessey Revo clamps are designed for larger projects that require a more robust clamping solution. The large head size and improved handle design allow for more controlled and precise tightening, which is important for larger projects where clamping pressure is key.
The higher clamping pressure also ensures that the material being clamped stays securely in place. This makes the Bessey Revo clamps ideal for woodworkers, carpenters, and other DIY enthusiasts who require a more powerful clamping solution for their larger projects.
Bessey Revo vs Revo Jr Comparison
|Bessey Revo Jr
|Up to 6,000 N
|Up to 2,000 N
|3-5/16″ x 3-5/16″
|2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″
|Up to 4-1/4″
|Up to 2-5/8″
Note: The above table is a general comparison between the Bessey Revo and Revo Jr clamping tools and the features mentioned are subject to change based on the specific model and manufacturer.
The regular Bessey Revo clamps have a larger head than the junior model, and the larger head handles more easily according to some users. Some users prefer the junior model because of its smaller head and lighter weight, but others have found it difficult to find juniors that slide easily on the bar.
The regular Bessey Revo clamps are also available in a Vario option, which allows the fixed jaw to slide anywhere on the rail for more balanced clamping.
Both the Bessey Revo and Revo Jr clamps offer their own unique advantages for woodworking and carpentry projects. The Revo is ideal for larger projects and when handle design and clamping pressure are a concern.
On the other hand, the Revo Jr is ideal for smaller projects or when the budget is a concern. Both models provide parallel clamping and are made by Bessey, a trusted brand of clamps.
Ultimately, the choice between the two models will come down to the specific needs and preferences of the user. Regardless of which model is chosen, users can expect a reliable and high-quality clamping solution from Bessey.